Friday, August 3, 2018

Week 10

Week 10 began with me feeling exhausted. This was the beginning of the final week of the internship. First though I needed to complete the funding data on my table. Monday was a very straightforward day in that I was working on just the funding table the whole time. At the end of the day I went home pretty late and slept almost immediately.
Tuesday was the final day before our presentations. By this point I had finished inputting the funding data and also had an extra table done. However looking at everything I wasn’t satisfied with what I had. So I decided to do a bit more work.
That night I went home late and kept working until about 11 pm to get the data in for my tables. I was finally prepared for the presentation. The morning of the presentation I came in there fully prepared. As the presentations started there was a relatively large crowd in the room. I was set to be the fifth presenter and was going over my presentation one last time when I noticed a major problem. One of my slides would not scroll all the way to the right meaning that there were three tables that I couldn’t show people.
So with my nerve levels going through the roof I began my own presentation. I’m told that the presentation went really well, but I felt disappointed overall. I stammered a few times and kept saying uhm a lot. With all of this I still got through the presentations. Afterwards I was now completely finished work wise with the NSF. I spoke to a few of the team members in IIP before heading home for a very satisfying nap.

On thursday I went into the office relatively early. This was to be my last day and there was a bit of paperwork I needed to get done before the closing ceremony. After both things were done I went home. Friday we needed to wake up early and go to QEM to fill out some final paperwork and stuff before the weekend. This was the last time we would be together as a group and so after many goodbyes we all left.       

No comments:

Post a Comment